Monday, June 2, 2008

Update on Petropinching 2008

Currently I am measuring my latest fillup - I put in 16.5 gallons of regular gas and it cost me a whopping $68.22. So far, I have gone 300 miles and have about a quarter of a tank left. My tires are aired up, my car is relatively empty, but I haven't been driving like I should be - alot of fast acceleration, AC, and hard braking. I am going to measure my mpg this go round, and then be very cautious my next fill up and see what I can change.

Here is my latest tip:

  • Anticipate stop signs and red lights: we all know when we are approaching a stopping situation, but we probably wait until the last minute to stop. By doing this, we are wasting a very valuable source of energy - momentum. If we anticipate the stop, we can harness some of this momentum to help us start accelerating again, allowing us to Petropinch.
Think about it.

Let me know how it is going, and please spread the word.

No comments: